MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
Remember PB+J sandwiches for lunch? Wouldn’t you just love a grown-up #beautyfood version, filled with healthy goodness to keep your skin gorgeous?
We’ve got you covered. This #beautyfood smoothie feeds your childhood memories while fighting the signs of aging with protein, vitamins B, C + E, antioxidants, copper and magnesium. Try some as a masque for soothing eczema and psoriasis, as well as reducing fine lines, preventing wrinkles, and boosting collagen.
(The kids will love it, too. We’ve added some spinach for extra nutrients, but they’ll never know! And no refined sugars!)
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk | beauty fats + vitamin E
1 tablespoon natural peanut butter | omega 3’s + protein for cell regeneration + hydration
½ cup fresh raspberries | biotin + vitamin E, nourishes skin + anti-aging
½ cup fresh strawberries | vitamin C for collagen production + elasticity
⅓ cup spinach | vitamin A for cell renewal + wrinkle reducing
1 tablespoon raw coconut nectar | low glycemic, mineral-rich natural sweetener
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with fresh raspberries for more age-defying antioxidants!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Om Aroma & Co. Raspberry Protect Serum to thicken consistency and add hydrating, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.