MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
Hot, sunny days are here! Staying cool and gorgeous is easy with this #beautyfood smoothie that hydrates and nourishes with a thirst-quenching blend of antioxidants and vitamins to keep your skin bright and radiant all summer long!
Clarifying lavender and lemon team up with age-defying blueberries for a masque which tones, tightens, and moisturizes while soothing sun-damaged skin.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 10 minutes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk | beauty fats + vitamin E
1 banana, frozen | anti-aging vitamins + minerals
1 cup fresh blueberries | vitamins A, C + E for brightening + repairing sun damage
1 tsp dried lavender | clarifying + wrinkle reducing
1 lemon, zested and juiced | brightening + detoxifies
1 teaspoon raw honey or 1 packet stevia | antibacterial + moisturizing (or low glycemic option)
4 spring water ice cubes | hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients except blueberries and ½ teaspoon of lavender in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth. Pour into a glass ¾ full.
- Blend the blueberries and remaining lavender, then pour the mixture over the back of a spoon into the glass to separate the colors and flavors.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with fresh blueberries for more age-defying antioxidants!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 2 drops of Om Aroma & Co. Lavender Essential Oil to thicken consistency and add clarifying, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.