It’s time to celebrate! Treat yourself to this creamy, comforting #beautyfood blend that will keep your skin moisturized and your tummy happy. Be prepared to sparkle with the kind of holiday glow that comes from giving yourself lots of love!
The pairing here of rich, hydrating plant-based fats and proteins with clarifying spices will get you through a hectic season with perfect balance. Cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg all contain bacteria banishing properties to keep those stress-related breakouts at bay, while nourishing coconut milk, banana, and chia feed your skin with beautifying vitamins and moisture.
Molasses, although a byproduct of cane sugar, is actually a low-glycemic sweetener which stabilizes blood sugar and has been helpful in treating diabetes, menstrual pain, obesity, and bone deficiencies. It is added here for its high iron content, mineral density, calcium and antioxidant value.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk | vitamins A + C + moisturizing
1 frozen banana | anti-aging vitamins + minerals + fiber
1 tablespoon molasses | mineral rich + skin softening
2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked | zinc for firming + fights wrinkles + protein
1 vanilla bean, seeds only | soothes + protects from environmental stresses
1” piece fresh ginger root, chopped | even skin tone + elasticity
¼ teaspoon ground cloves | antiseptic + acne fighting
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg | anti-bacterial + promotes clear skin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon I antiseptic + skin plumping
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- #Beautyfood tip: Garnish with unsweetened cacao nibs for skin-loving antioxidants!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Savor Beauty Raspberry Serum to thicken consistency and add plumping, anti-aging benefits!
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.