MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
During the holidays, it’s all-too-easy to drop your #beautyfoods routine in favor of traditional goodies that sap your precious skin of hydration and nourishment. Try this luscious smoothie and masque for a double-shot of detox, and a second helping of skin-savers!
Cardamom is an ancient beautifying spice closely related to ginger root. It contains vitamins A, B, and C, and antioxidants, helps improve circulation, and fights infection to speed recovery both internally and topically.
Sweet, delightful figs are also time-tested #beautyfoods, mirroring the vitamins A, B, C, and antioxidants of cardamom, while bringing a generous dose of fiber to the blend. Together with nutritious, fiber-rich banana, you have a fabulous balancing act to cleanse and fortify.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 10 minutes
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk | copper + selenium for anti-aging
6 unsweetened dried (or 4 fresh) figs, chopped | fiber + anti-aging vitamins
1 ripe banana | vitamin E for age-fighting + moisturizing
¾ teaspoon ground cardamom | increases circulation + essential vitamins for skin support
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon | antiseptic + skin plumping
1-2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar, to taste | low glycemic, mineral rich sweetener
4 spring water ice cubes | hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
- Pour and enjoy!
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with fresh mint and a sprinkle of cardamom for easy digestion, extra nutrients, and a delicious taste.
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is easy to make.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 2 drops of Savor Beauty Manuka Honey Masque to thicken consistency and add clarifying, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.