MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
Busy week? Time for a little detoxing with this invigorating #beautyfood smoothie and masque, created to beautify your skin from the inside out! Cranberries are best known for their appearance in holiday sauces, but the raw version here is actually a skin-saving powerhouse. These plump, tart little berries are superior cleansing agents, banishing toxins from your system - and your skin - via vital organs and lymph nodes. They’re also loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants, and other important nutrients such as iron, calcium and fiber.
Apples contain the soluble fiber pectin, which cleanses the blood, digestive, and intestinal tracts while supporting the body with calcium, iron, vitamin A, and potassium. We’ve added chia seeds for their protein and hydration, as well as exfoliating topical benefits, and clarifying lemon for a refreshing blend that will leave you glowing!
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk | beauty fats + vitamin E
1 small organic apple, chopped | anti-aging vitamins + keeps skin clear
½ cup fresh cranberries | antioxidants + vitamin C for age-fighting
2 tablespoons chia seeds, soaked | zinc for firming + fights wrinkles
Juice of ¼ lemon | brightening + detoxifies
1-2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar, to taste | low glycemic, mineral rich sweetener
4 spring water ice cubes | hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with lemon and pumpkin seeds for more skin-loving vitamins and minerals!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 2 drops of Savor Beauty Pumpkin Serum to thicken consistency and add clarifying, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.