MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE
With holidays approaching, who couldn’t use a little beauty boost? Consider this #beautyfood smoothie and masque your new bestie: it’s loaded with antioxidants, those skin-loving superheroes that combat the signs of aging from the inside out. We’ve paired powerhouse plum with a blend of berries to detox, revitalize, and protect your skin all season long!
Plums provide both vitamin E and beta carotene which protect against wrinkles and promote elasticity, and a hefty dose of vitamin C to help build collagen. They also act as a mild detoxifying agent, and guard against sun damage. Blackberries have similar beauty benefits to plums, with the added plus of reducing hyperpigmentation. The addition of goji berries, with their skin firming powers, and moisturizing avocado put this blend right over the top!
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk | copper + selenium for anti-aging
1 plum, chopped | vitamin E + beta carotene for age fighting
½ cup fresh blackberries| antioxidants + reduce hyperpigmentation
½ cup goji berries | anti-aging + firming
¼ small avocado | beauty fats for softening + hydration
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste | beauty minerals + antioxidants
4 spring water ice cubes | hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with blackberries and goji berries for more age-defying vitamins antioxidants!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl.
- Add 2 drops of Savor Beauty Raspberry Serum to thicken consistency and add clarifying, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.