Ahoy, beauty foodies -- hope you're looking forward to a smashin' 4th of July holiday! We trust you'll do your best to stay sun safe with eco-luxe spf, chic shades, and wide brimmed hat à la Audrey. Just in case, we've whipped up an uber-delicious green mint smoothie & masque that will cool sun-kissed skin and replace moisture for a healthy glow. Plus, this recipe makes a great ice cream alternative and is a sneaky way to incorporate spinach into something that tastes so much like a dessert!
Om Beauty Tip: We recommend blending ingredients without the chocolate chips first. Only add in chocolate after you have set 1 T aside for your masque. This way the masque is creamy & gentle, not abrasive.
- 1 cup hemp milk | rich in omega-3 & 6; softens skin
- 1/2 ripe avocado | restores lost lipids; moisturizes dehydrated skin
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves | vitamin c repairs free radical sun damage
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves | cooling sensation calms inflamed skin
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate or cacao nibs | antioxidant hint of sweetness
- 5 drops organic peppermint extract | added minty goodness!
- 5 ice cubes | cools & calms
This soothing #beautyfood masque will cool & refresh sunburned skin.
- Pour 1 T of leftover smoothie into a little bowl
- Add 2 tsp Om Aroma & Co. Rice Bran Exfoliant or oatmeal powder to thicken
- Combine with Rose Toner for more hydration & anti-inflammatory benefits
- Apply onto skin & do not massage. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Remove with cool water, gently pat dry & moisturize with Truffle Face Cream & aloe vera.