MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
After basking in the sun all season, nourishing the skin is a top beauty priority. Enjoy this sweet, lightly spiced #beautyfood smoothie and masque while treating sun damage, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and clogged pores. Dark, delicious cherries provide super antioxidants which fight the signs of aging and offer mild exfoliation. They regulate blood sugar and boost metabolism, and are rich in vitamins A, C, E, K, potassium, magnesium and iron, making them a serious #beautyfood treat!
We’ve added nutmeg as our secret ingredient for its amazing ability to unclog pores, banish breakouts and spot-treat those pesky pimples that can arise in the heat of the summer.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk | vitamin E + zinc
1 cup frozen cherries | anti-inflammatory + anti-aging
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg | anti-bacterial + promotes clear skin
6 dates, pitted and chopped | elasticity + repairs damaged skin
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped | soothes + protects from environmental stresses
4 spring water ice cubes | hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with cherries, slivered almonds, and a dash of nutmeg for more skin repairing benefits!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Manuka Honey Masque to thicken consistency and add clarifying and anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with Truffle Face Cream.