MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
Changing seasons can be challenging to our bodies, but staying strong and gorgeous couldn’t be simpler: this #beautyfood smoothie hydrates, plumps and protects the skin, while giving your immune system a boost!
Elegant pears are loaded with vitamin C, K, and copper to effectively fight the signs of aging. They also contain humectants which balance the water content of the skin to help it retain moisture. What’s more, pear skins contain dietary fibers which help to detox the system internally - a must for reviving a youthful, radiant glow.
Pomegranate seeds are also high in cell-regenerating vitamin C, have anti-inflammatory properties, and make an excellent exfoliant when applied topically. We’ve added fresh ginger to this blend for its’ ability to warm and energize the body, as well as for high levels of antioxidants.
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 10 minutes
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk | copper + selenium for anti-aging
1 pear (skin on), chopped | builds collagen + elastin
½ pomegranate, seeds only | anti-aging compounds + moisturizing
1” piece of fresh ginger, chopped + skin removed | even skin tone + elasticity
1-2 tablespoons raw coconut nectar, to taste | low glycemic, mineral rich sweetener
4 spring water ice cubes | hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with sliced pear and pomegranate seeds for more age-defying vitamin C and antioxidants!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 2 drops of Savor Beauty Manuka Honey Masque to thicken consistency and add clarifying, anti-aging benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.