MAKE THIS DIY SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A MASQUE!
As summer dwindles to a close and #PSL (pumpkin spice lattes!) make their way back to coffeehouse menus, we can't help but crave one last taste of summer sunshine in a glass. Which is why we created this zesty blend of red raspberries, lime juice, fresh mint and a dollop of wildflower honey to help balance skin from the inside out while satiating our desire for bright and bold flavor. This #beautyfood smoothie is a delicious and refreshing way to get your daily dose of vitamin C -- plus, the antioxidant DIY masque will repair free radical damage caused by a season of sun and surf!
P.s. Fun fact! All of our recipes go through rounds of tasting to get the blend just right, but this one in particular faced an especially tough critic -- our in-house five-year-old beauty foodie. Her plentiful opinions and culinary direction ensured the creation of a healthy skin treat the whole family will love! Tag @omaroma to show us YOUR #beautyfood adventures!
- 1/2 cup water (or coconut water) | hydrates skin from the inside out
- 1 cup red raspberries | antioxidant boost + antibacterial properties
- 1/2 lime juice squeezed | astringent quality; refreshes + tightens pores
- 5 fresh mint leaves | soothes inflamed skin + balances oil production
- honey (local if possible!) | optional; add to sweeten and immune support
- 5 ice cubes
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create!
- Pour 1 T of leftover smoothie into a small bowl
- Add 1 tsp Om Aroma & Co. Rice Bran Exfoliant to thicken consistency and add brightening benefits to the masque.
- Apply in circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & moisturize with your moisturizer or serum of choice! For this blend, we suggest the Om Aroma & Co. Raspberry Serum which protects from UVA + UVB rays and also rights free radicals to keep skin glowing.