Make this DIY skin-loving masque, use the leftovers for a smoothie!
Summer barbecues & outdoor garden parties aren't complete without the all-American homemade apple pie! With this inspiration in mind, we put our own healthy #beautyfood twist on this indulgent classic by creating an uber-delicious Strawberry Apple Pie exfoliating masque & beauty smoothie! Enjoy!
- 1 tsp Om Aroma & Co. Manuka Honey Detox Masque | anti-microbial & anti-inflammatory
- 1/2 tsp goat's milk yogurt | naturally contains AHA lactic acid, brightens dullness
- 1/4 tsp organic applesauce | naturally contains AHA malic acid, exfoliates & softens skin
- 1/8 tsp all spice | increases micro-circulation, stimulation brings nutrients to skin
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg | helps to fade post-acne hyperpigmentation
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon | increases circulation & oxygenates skin, good for acne blemishes
- one large ripe strawberry | high in vitamin C which aids in collagen production
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl using fork to mash strawberry. You can also use a mortar & pestle to grind the strawberry into a pulp!
- Apply masque onto cleansed skin using gentle circular massage motions.
- Leave on for 10 minutes (whip up your beauty smoothie during this time!)
- Rinse with warm water and pat skin dry with towel.
- Finish with your favorite serum & moisturizer!
- 6 ice cubes
- 6 strawberries
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup goat’s milk yogurt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- Blend all ingredients together
- Serve and savor!
Masque credit: Savor Spa esthetician, Cailey! This is an active exfoliating masque. Do not use on recently waxed skin or post-procedure (such as chemical peel, microdermabrasion or laser). Stay safe - be cautious not to get masque into eyes!