MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
Remember creamsicles? Running to catch the ice cream truck, then enjoying the creamy orange yummy-ness before it all melted? Take a trip down memory lane with our #beautyfood smoothie that brings back the childhood bliss of simpler times, while keeping the years off your face!
Delicious, juicy oranges are an excellent source of collagen-building vitamin C, which provides age-fighting antioxidants that improve both texture and tone. Orange peels treat sun spots and are a natural exfoliator, making this a perfect smoothie/masque combo for this time of year.
We’ve added dates for their multitude of beauty minerals, like copper and magnesium. Minerals, with the assistance of vitamins, allow nutrients to transfer across cell membranes. They also help to maintain PH balance, regulate tissue growth, and provide structural support, all vital to the appearance of youthful, glowing skin.
Try this #beautyfood masque to gently exfoliate while delivering powerful anti-aging benefits!
Yield: 1 serving (8 ounces)
Time: 5 minutes
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk I prevents premature aging + helps hyperpigmentation
1 large navel orange, peeled + zested I vitamin C + beta-carotene for anti-wrinkle skin protection
1 cup frozen mango I builds collagen + hydrates
6 dates, pitted and chopped | elasticity + repairs damaged skin
1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped | soothes + protects from environmental stresses
4 spring water ice cubes I hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with unsweetened coconut for grown-up beauty fats benefits!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl and let cool.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Savor Beauty Rice Bran to thicken consistency and add exfoliating, brightening benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.