MAKE THIS SKIN-LOVING SMOOTHIE, USE THE LEFTOVERS FOR A DIY MASQUE.
It’s officially apple-picking season, and we’ve picked the very best for you! Straight from our #beautyfoods kitchen comes an autumnal delight of a smoothie, designed to keep your skin clear, bright, and beautiful. Crisp, juicy apples are loaded with copper, vitamin C, collagen and elastin fibres, all ready to fight the signs of aging. They are also full of vitamins A and B, antioxidants, astringents, and help to balance pH levels - an important factor in maintaining clear pores.
As a masque, apples contain glycolic acid, which exfoliate and remove dead skin cells. Here, we’ve added super spices clove and cinnamon for delicious Fall flavor, and an additional clarifying #beautyfood boost!
Try this #beautyfood masque to gently cleanse and exfoliate while delivering superior skin toning and brightening benefits.
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk I beauty fats + vitamin E
½ cup unsweetened apple cider | beauty minerals + vitamin C
1 medium organic apple, chopped I anti-aging vitamins + keeps skin clear
2 tablespoons chia, soaked overnight I zinc for firming + fights wrinkles
1 teaspoon cinnamon | antiseptic + skin plumping
1 teaspoon ground clove | antimicrobial + fights blemishes
1-2 tablespoons maple syrup, to taste | beauty minerals + antioxidants
4 spring water ice cubes I hydration + minerals
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend at high speed for 1 minute, or until smooth.
#Beautyfood tip: Garnish with sliced apple, raw pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup for more anti-aging benefits!
DIY Masque Directions:
This #beautyfood masque is extra easy to create.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of leftover smoothie into a small bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Savor Beauty Rice Bran to thicken consistency and add exfoliating, softening benefits.
- Apply resulting masque to the face with circular massage and leave on skin for 15 minutes.
- Remove with a warm washcloth & seal in the benefits with your moisturizer of choice.